Friday, June 29, 2012

Life: Saved

Okay, that may be a little bit overdramatic, but seriously - once you have a child who eats solid foods, it is no fun going places without your diaper sprayer. At least, that's how it is for me. Somehow traveling makes her BM's happen about 5 times as often as normal. Not having my diaper sprayer, I'm reduced to shaking and scraping (swish & dunk has never worked for me). This time around, I've decided to give biodegradable liners a try.

WHY DIDN'T I TRY THESE SOONER? We stopped in Eugene at Fletcher's for Children on our way North and picked up some Bummis Bio-Soft liners. They also carry Kushies and Bumkins. I usually order all my supplies online since it's more convenient for us, but I waited too long and was just lucky to have somewhere to get some from at the start of this trip.

Cleanup has been a million times easier. Having never used disposable liners, I was worried they might be rough or stiff. I saw a video of the gDiapers gCloth liners, and they looked like parchment paper. These are soft and pliable like tissue, but strong enough not to fall apart in a wet & messy diaper. Supposedly, you can even throw the liners that are only wet into the wash with your diapers and get an extra use or two out of them. Although the official word from Bummis is to toss the used liners, we'll see what happens.

For now, I'm just super excited to have found yet another way to make traveling with cloth diapers (flats, in our case) even easier.

* edited * I have no idea what other moms are doing out there to be able to reuse their bio-soft liners, but mine did not survive the wash. The good news is that they didn't disintegrate and make a mess. Fortunately, my goal was just to be lazy and not have to separate out the liner when the diaper was just wet, and I was not so much concerned with reusing the liners. AND they really have been great in helping with cleaning up dirty diapers. I've just ordered the Eco-Bottom Liners from Eco-Sprout to try out, since I will run out of these liners before I get home. I'll let you know how I like those and how they compare. A lot of people have recommended the Kushies liners, so those might be the next ones I try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment